Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My trip to Cali...




So after having my flight cancelled not once but twice last week for weather I made it to Cali and back with only a bit of turbulance thrown in. Now how in the hell I had myself conviced this trip was going to be awsome and I was somewhat nervous about leaving the family. I was READY to go. Getting through the cancellations was tedious and time consuming but it was all worth it b/c I was getting a break. After flying on 3 planes to get there I arrived in Monterey with Kim waiting for me. After taking forever to get my bag we start driving through these quaint little streets and it was so green. Ahhhh I miss the west coast for this reason. Washington state was beautiful and I miss it. Anyway....The area there is just gorgeous and I always looked around and stuff when driving just admiring the way the town looked. It was rainy when I got there but that was ok it was a long flight and I wanted to relax so we did it was cool. I walked in and felt myself sigh......I was having a mommy break and it was real I could relax for a couple days stress free. It really was a gift I had been given. Wed we went to Carmel and it looked just as quaint and we looked around these high priced shops and just chatted. It was so great and I got some souviners for the fam and stuff. It was really nice to just browse and weather was great. I noticed my urine looked a bit dark that morning but shrugged it off thinking I needed to drink some water. I had been dehydrated and sucking down Pepsi...yes I know. So I thought mybe aunt flo was on her way and mentioned I may need to hit Walgreens or something. That night Iend up with the tattoo. Yes I got one on my foot. I thought why the hell not I had been wanting one and I was easily seduced on mommy freedom for a day already. It did hurt but not as bad as I thought it might so that was cool. Kim and I have matching tattoo's of a lady bug as you can see. That guy is the tattoo artist who did both of us. I was having a great time! Thurs woke up sluggish and felt tired but duh I was waking at 5:30 am PST so that had to be it. We were going to the aquarium and do some other stuff. So we did some more shopping I had to get serious about getting gifts for my brood. Found some great stuff on http://http//www.canneryrow.com/ . Picked up the kids and went to lunch at Taco bell then to the aquarium. While there started to feel a little sick but hell I was thinking it was the food and hell I am out of shape I have been doing alot of walking etc...Get back to Kim's and wonder if I need to use the potty. I do but my back had begun to hurt. Well take some tylenol and it doesn't get better then I throw up. Ok something's not right and my stomach had started hurting too. Shit I bet I have a UTI I need to hit the ER. I am trying to put it off but I couldn't for much longer and Kim convinced me to go in. After putting the kid's to bed we went. I was in a lot of pain by this point. We get processed through and in a room and get informed that maybe it's a kidney stone. I thought no way maybe a kidney infection! I won't go into the horrors of that night. Mainly b/c I was out it with pain and then the drugs. Kim did awsome by my side. She stayed with me when I know she wanted to be home in bed and I wanted to be too. She got on the nurses and got smart with him they had a love/hate relationship and she tried to make me feel better and helped me in so many ways. Thanks Kim you are always helping me. You have to let me return the favor.
After a CT Scan I do have a 2mm kidney stone and will pass it. Yippeefuckinghoo I have a kidney stone. I get more drugs and out the door where we groggily made it to get my meds. I floated my way through the whole thing and got home to bed. The stone must have been moving b/c I had some of the worst pain of my life Friday but I was taking those meds like prescribed still had a lot of pain. I felt it drop into my bladder Friday evening and the pain switched to a dull throb and my bladder now hurt and I couldn't pee well. Shit did I have to go back to the ER for a cath? I hated to do that to Kim. I had slept most of the day away already and was still sick and throwing up and couldn't eat. It was horrible I felt so bad for being sick and doing that to her already. But I felt a little better by evening and made the attempt to be normal. After kicking their butt in WII bowling woohoo. I did head to bed as I had to be up early for the trip home the next day. I did pass the little piece of gravel which is what it looked like about 1:30 am so I was thrilled about not having to worry about that on my flights home. I was still a little sore though but nothing like before. I am so tired as I get on my little plane to LA where I had to sit for like 4 hours before my next flight. I was starving and I ate and shopped a little but all I wanted to do was take a nap. I tried for a little while until about 2 hrs before the flight and the area started to get filled with other passengers for the flight. A LONG couple of flights later I make it home. After some much needed time away I was glad to be home. So back to the grind here for me.
Thank you Kim for letting me come and again I am sorry I got a kidney stone but I had a great time with you guys. I can't wait for you to move back here!!
I had my ultrasound for my thryroid and am doing the bloodwork now. I will update you all when I find out about all that stuff. I go next week for that.
Love to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment